Due to the abundance of alternatives, picking the best sunblock in Pakistan for oily skin might be challenging. In addition to protecting yourself from the sun’s rays, you should control any extra oil that could cause shiny skin and acne. The best sunblocks in Pakistan for oily skin are highlighted in this list to help you narrow down your choices. Let’s learn more about these top choices for sunscreen for oily skin in Pakistan.
Also read: Best Multivitamins for Skin in Pakistan
What is sunscreen, exactly?
Sunblock is a topical substance, either in the form of cream or lotion, that you spread on your skin to defend it from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays. It acts as a barrier that either soaks up or bounces back these harmful rays to safeguard your skin. Key ingredients in effective sunblocks, such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, play a vital role in providing a shield against both UVA and UVB radiation.
How does SPF work?
The term “SPF” (Sun Protection Factor) describes the amount of defense that a sunscreen gives against UVB rays, which are responsible for sunburn and may cause skin cancer. When compared to not applying any protection, utilizing an SPF 30 sunscreen allows you to spend 30 times longer in the sun without becoming burned.
SPF does not, however, protect from UVA radiation, which causes early aging of the skin. It is thus advised to use sunblocks that are described as “broad-spectrum,” as they offer UVA and UVB protection.
In Pakistan, how much SPF do you need?
A high-SPF sunscreen is suggested due to Pakistan’s intense sun and hot environment. SPF 30 is often suitable for daily usage, but if you plan to spend a lot of time outdoors, SPF 50 or higher is preferable. Remember that no sunscreen provides 100 percent protection. To get the best protection, you should reapply it every two hours and more frequently if you swim or sweat.
A list of the best sunblock in Pakistan for oily skin
- Neutrogena SPF 70
- Vince Sunblock SPF 40
- Jenpharm SPECTRABLOCK SPF60
- CeraVe Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 30
- NIVEA SUN UV Face Shine Control SPF50+
1. Neutrogena SPF 70
The SPF 70 sunblock from Neutrogena contains a unique combination of ingredients made especially for oily skin types. You won’t have an oily shine because the product is thin and quickly absorbs into the skin, leaving a matte finish. Despite having a slightly lower SPF rating than some of the other products on our list, the combination it uses offers excellent UVA and UVB protection. For those with oily skin who want good sun protection without the heaviness sometimes associated with sunblock, this makes it a remarkable alternative.
- Broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic
- Dermatologist recommended
- May be too thick and heavy for some people.
2. Vince Sunblock SPF 40
Vince Sunblock with SPF 40 is another top contender for sun protection in Pakistan. Perfect for the hot and humid climate, this sunblock is enriched with antioxidants and vitamins. It’s oil-free, meaning it won’t clog your pores, and it offers broad-spectrum protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Its higher SPF rating ensures that you get long-lasting protection, making it ideal for those long summer outings.
- Broad-spectrum protection
- SPF 40 provides moderate protection.
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Suitable for all skin types
- No white cast
- Not as water-resistant as some other sunblocks.
3. Jenpharm SPECTRABLOCK SPF60
If you have oily skin and need strong sun protection, Jenpharm Spectrablock SPF 60 is a great choice. With a high SPF of 60, it guards your skin against the harsh sun. It’s perfect for long days outside. The best part? It’s made just for oily skin. The formula is oil-free, so it won’t make your face greasy or lead to breakouts. Plus, it soaks into your skin fast and leaves a matte finish, which means no shiny face! It also fights off harmful stuff in the air with its antioxidants.
- With SPF 60, this sunblock provides strong protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Designed specifically for oily skin, this sunblock won’t exacerbate greasiness or cause breakouts.
- The formula absorbs quickly, leaving your skin with a matte finish.
- It offers a broad-spectrum shield against both the aging and burning effects of the sun.
- There’s a chance it could leave a white residue on your skin if it’s not blended properly.
4. CeraVe Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 30
If you’re looking for sun protection that also gives you a hint of color, look no further than CeraVe Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 30. Its mineral-based formula provides a sheer tint, offering lightweight coverage that evens skin tone. Best of all, it was developed by dermatologists and contains ceramides that help restore the skin’s natural barrier. Oily-skinned folks will appreciate the non-greasy feel and the broad-spectrum UV protection it offers.
- Provides broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays.
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog pores or make skin feel greasy.
- Lightweight and sheer, with a natural tint that evens out skin tone.
- The hydrating formula contains ceramides to help strengthen the skin’s barrier.
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, making it suitable for sensitive skin.
- May leave a slight white cast on darker skin tones.
5. NIVEA SUN UV Face Shine Control SPF50+
The NIVEA SUN UV Face Shine Control SPF50+ is a great choice for those dealing with oily skin and who need long-lasting sun protection. With its high SPF rating, this sunblock gives you extended defense against both UVA and UVB rays. Its quick-absorbing formula helps control shine, leaving your face looking matte. It’s the ideal pick if you plan to be outside for a long time.
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Absorbs quickly
- Mattifies the skin
- Broad spectrum protection
- Contains alcohol, which can be irritating to some people.
SPF stands for sun protection factor. It tells you how long you can stay in the sun without burning. A higher SPF means more protection.
Reapply sunblock every two hours or right after swimming or sweating.
Yes, some sunblocks are made just for oily skin. Look for “oil-free” or “non-comedogenic” on the label.
Not necessarily. A higher SPF gives more protection, but not 100%. The key is to reapply and choose “broad spectrum” for full coverage.
In conclusion, combating sunblock in Pakistan for oily skin can be challenging, but it’s not impossible. From lightweight formulations to tinted options, the market offers a variety of products to cater to your specific needs. Always remember that the effectiveness of sunblock isn’t solely determined by its SPF number; other factors like your skin type, ingredients, and your planned duration under the sun also play a vital role.
So, give these sunblocks a try and find out which one works best for you!
Also read: Best Organic Skin Care Products in Pakistan